If you’re a pregnant lady then you must be having nausea or you had or you may start having such morning sickness.
But wait! Nausea is something different from vomiting. Okay, So what is nausea? In this article you will get to know Nausea during Pregnancy, the main causes, how it feels like and how can you prevent it using some simple medication or home remedies.
Nausea During Pregnancy
NAUSEA is not vomiting but an involuntary urge to vomit, a sensation of unease and discomfort in the stomach too. Nausea can be the symptom of many diseases and also one of the common side effects of almost all the drugs. But in pregnancy, it is as normal as enlargement of your abdomen. It will happen!!
Yes, but nausea can be severe in primigravida (That is mother conceiving the first time)
What Does Morning Sickness Feel Like?
Or else, how to be sure that what’s happening to you is morning sickness only?
Okay.. So are you pregnant? Yes( Do you feel dizziness in morning, do you feel the urge to vomit as soon as you wake up? If yes, then it’s so simple. You are just having morning sickness. It can be severe enough though..you may feel fatigue.
- It is called as Morning sickness but nausea can strike you any time of the day too.
- Usually morning sickness starts after 2 weeks from your period miss but sometimes morning sickness can be the first sign of pregnancy you notice, Sometimes nausea can occur even before positive pregnancy test.
Morning Sickness At Night?
Yes, morning sickness can occur at night too, and it can much more unpleasant as it will cause a problem in falling asleep. Try to avoid triggers. Avoid eating heavy food at night.
What Can Be The Major Causes Of Nausea In Pregnancy?
You must be knowing that while pregnancy your body go through a lot of changes, especially in hormones. These hormones are essential to initiate and regulate the pregnancy. The main hormone is HCG i.e Human chorionic gonadotropin, and that my ladies is the main culprit hormone which causes nausea regularly.
Estrogen can be the other reason, yes one more hormone which rises up during early pregnancy or first trimester mainly and may cause a feeling of unease.
Stress or tension can cause nausea, there is no as such proved theory behind this, it’s just like an observational report. Stressed ladies usually face more nausea and vomiting problem during their pregnancy.
So dear to be mothers, this is in your hand! Try to resolve stressful condition soon.
Nausea Occurs, But When?
Nausea and vomiting are very common or we can say more prominent during the first trimester. Like from the time your periods miss till the end of your first 3 months.
But it usually subsides between 13-14 weeks. Though it can be different for every other woman.
Though it can be different for every other woman. Some ladies may face it for only a few days at the starting and some may have to face it all the time, so it all depends on hormones and how your body is reacting to that.
Treatment of Nausea During Pregnancy: Best Remedies
Rather than going on medicines directly, you should surely try some remedies by yourself and some lifestyle changes too. Just go through some of the best remedies
- First observe what mainly causes you nausea, or what triggers nausea. Try to avoid that food or that smell.
- Avoid eating heavy meals. Take frequent but small meals. Don’t let yourself feel so full that you want to vomit.
- Drink a lot water, but not with your meals.
- Drink less fluid while having meals.
- In breakfast, Eat dry food – Dry toast, biscuits. Avoid heavy fried food.
- You will feel more urge to rest while your pregnancy period, don’t ignore that. Take rest when needed.
- Lemonade or sniffing lemon can treat the feeling of nausea.
- Eat well, pregnancy diet should be high in protein and carbohydrates.
- Ginger secret: Yes this is from our ancestors, ginger is said to be very beneficial to reduce nausea or to prevent it as well. So use ginger in foods and tea as well (Tea can cause acidity though).
- Avoid drinks and food causing acidity or food those are way too spicy.
- If nausea is too severe, talk to your doctor, he/she may prescribe Vitamin B6 tablets, that can also help in nausea and vomiting.
You may try all the above home treatments for Nausea or Morning sickness, but if it doesn’t help, you must consider visiting your Doctor.
Major Concerns of Severe Nausea During Pregnancy
Nausea and vomiting is very normal during pregnancy though, but if it severe it can cause many other problems like;
- HYPEREMESIS GRAVIDARUM: Severe nausea and vomiting that can cause damage to both mother and child health status.
- Vitamin b6 deficiency – During vomiting you can lose lot of vitamin b6 from your body.
So if you’re having excessive nausea and specially vomiting, go to your doctor.
Drink water in good amount to prevent dehydration and have a healthy baby 🙂