The biggest thing of concern while you are pregnant is, what good you should eat and what food you should avoid. Since during pregnancy you are carrying a child inside you, it is really important to have a good diet that is powerful and healthy for both the mother and the child. Keeping this in mind, we have come up with this post where you can get a list of 10 tasty and best foods to eat during pregnancy.
These pregnancy food items are recommended by doctors and are helpful for both you and the foetus. Plus, the pregnancy foods listed in the list are absolutely perfect and delicious.
- 1 10 Foods to Eat During Pregnancy
- 1.0.1 1. Banana – Best Fruit to Eat during Pregnancy
- 1.0.2 2. Eggs – Completely Safe to eat during Pregnancy
- 1.0.3 3. Dried Apricots – Powerful Pregnancy Food
- 1.0.4 4. Berries – Tasty Pregnancy Food item
- 1.0.5 5. Whole grains- Healthy to eat while being Pregnant
- 1.0.6 6. Salmon – Good Diet for Pregnant women
- 1.0.7 7. Beans – Must eat Food during Pregnancy
- 1.0.8 8. Milk – Daily Glass of Milk recommended for Pregnant Women
- 1.0.9 9.Yoghurt
- 1.0.10 10. Avocado – Good fruit to eat during pregnancy
Let’s begin with the list of food items you should eat while being pregnant.
10 Foods to Eat During Pregnancy
Being pregnant, every woman wants their baby to be safe and sound as a mother. The healthy diet and food habit is essential for all pregnant ladies to maintain the growth of baby and themselves.
Here are the top 10 best foods which are recommended for women in their pregnancy period. This list includes fruits to eat during pregnancy as well. 😉
1. Banana – Best Fruit to Eat during Pregnancy
- Vitamin B6: Banana contains Vitamin B6 which is used to maintain and helpful in the development of the central nervous system of the baby. It gets easily dissolved in water.
- Haemoglobin: Due to the presence of Vitamin B6 in banana, it acts as a neurotransmitter and helps in the growth of Haemoglobin in Red Blood Cells. (RBC)
- Folic acid: Folic acid present in banana is very important for pregnant women as it develops brain and prevents the premature birth of a child.
- Iron: Anaemia in pregnant women can cause complications in pregnancy and the iron content in banana increase the amount of blood cells.
Banana also helps to protect eye, heart, etc.
2. Eggs – Completely Safe to eat during Pregnancy
- Protein: Eggs have rich protein content which improves the development of the brain.
- Vitamins: A healthy egg contains vitamin A, D, and B complex which are useful for the maintenance of mother’s health. It also contains unsaturated fatty acids.
3. Dried Apricots – Powerful Pregnancy Food
- Calcium: Apricots which are converted to dry fruits are said to have a high content of Calcium along with folic acid and fibre.
- Iron: They are rich in iron which prevents the anaemia in pregnant women.
- Birth defect: The bark of the tree reduces the chance of a birth defect. It is helpful treat infertility and haemorrhage.
- Lactation: The flesh of apricot is used to increase the lactation. It is also used to treat and cure the vaginal infections.
- Vitamin: It consists of vitamin A which protects eye and it develops the immune system.
4. Berries – Tasty Pregnancy Food item
- Foliate: Raspberries and blackberries are rich in folate content which helps in the improvement of Red Blood Cells (RBC) by making them reproduce. It is used to maintain a healthy nervous system of baby.
- Urinary tract: It consists of carbohydrates, Vitamin C, Fibre which improves the health of urinary tract.
5. Whole grains- Healthy to eat while being Pregnant
- Folic acid: Presence of folic acid, a type of vitamin B in the diet will help to prevent Neural Tube Defects (NTD) in baby. It improves the spine and brain of a baby.
- Fibre: It contains both soluble and insoluble fibre which is good for pregnancy. It consists of essential minerals and it helps to build bones and to release energy from the muscles.
6. Salmon – Good Diet for Pregnant women
The researchers from The University of Granada had proved that eating salmon twice in a week will provide and maintain a perfect health for both mother and baby.
- Omega 3 fatty acids: It is said that fish which contains omega 3 fatty acids will have low contaminant level. Its presence is useful for the development and growth of unborn baby. It provides necessary nutrients which prevent the preeclampsia and low foetal birth.
7. Beans – Must eat Food during Pregnancy
- Nutrients: Beans are considered as good source of nutrients along with iron, folate, calcium, zinc.
- Iron: Due to the iron content it helps in producing Red Blood Cells (RBC) and helps to get rid of morning sickness. It reduces high blood pressure and develops bones, organs, and nervous system of foetus.
8. Milk – Daily Glass of Milk recommended for Pregnant Women
- Calcium: The calcium content in milk will help the foetus to grow taller. It is said that pregnant women have to drink at least 3 cups of milk every day.
- Protein: It prevents low birth weight of baby along with the maintenance of uterus and blood supply.
- Calcium: Low fat yoghurt has high calcium content than milk.
- Protein: It consists of animal protein along with magnesium which helps to boost up the immune system.
10. Avocado – Good fruit to eat during pregnancy
- Digestion: It boosts up the digestion process due to the presence of fibre.
- Fat: It consists of monounsaturated fatty acid which is considered as good fat which will help to gain weight.
Though the above-mentioned foods are highly recommended for pregnant women some may be allergic and may have an adverse reaction towards the food according to their body conditions. It is therefore always recommended to consult your doctor for the list of best foods to eat during your pregnancy period.